Monday, November 23, 2020

Give Thanks - Thanksgiving Week

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving Week,
It is my great pleasure to invite you all to give thanks with me. This year has been rough, tough, hard, crazy, you name it. I call it a 2020 kind of year, however, we are all here and able to say things about whatever we choose, which means we can choose to give thanks. I started this year out with a "Thankful List," this list consisted of all kinds of things that I could think of to be thankful or grateful for in my life. Some people might not think this is important, but it helps us realize some of the things that we do have and some of things we do not have to go through or be burdened by. When I was a cosmetology teacher I started having my students write 3 things that they were grateful for to start the day. The reason I asked the students to do this was because every person in the class had a life outside of that classroom and some people had rougher situations to deal with than others, I wanted the students minds to be in a place a gratitude, because it helped lift their spirits and have a better outlook on some of the things they might have been taking for granted. So many people complain on a daily, but how many of us give thanks on a regular basis. I hope that everyone can start a thankful list and then take it a step further and start a gratitude journal. I am going to start writing one, because there are so many negative things and thoughts that happen throughout the course of the day or week because of the way the world is and how people can mistreat us, I have decided to stay grounded in what I believe, and to be grateful for what I have. I do not need someone messing up the things or relationships I do have, but I cannot make those choices for someone else, I can choose to be grateful and thankful for being an overcomer, resilient, and hopeful that I have the many blessings that God has given me and have faith that justice will come to whoever tries to interupt the greatness God has for me. So many people have lost loved ones this past year and it might be hard to deal with, but if you are still here please do not give up on yourself and your future. You still have a chance to fulfill your destiny, and that is why you are still here. Please do some research about the history of Thanksgiving and other holiday's to ensure you are educated about what you are celebrating. I am thankful to be alive and that is a reason to celebrate. The video below gives some information, not all, but does impart some information we do not usually hear. Remember others during this time of year. Be blessed and be thankful. Monique Lyn elle Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment